Saturday, December 6, 2014

Next section, running out of orphan blocks here

Good evening,

Well we set some records for the most snowiest November that we've had here in Michigan in Grand Rapids. Not the record we were trying to set. This December we have had almost no snow. Not complaining as it has been nice to get out shopping and making holiday preparations without the snow.

I hope you're enjoying your holiday season and finding a little bit of time to work on your special projects.

 Instructions for your orphan block quilt  are simple.Your quilt right now should measure 68.5 x 82.5. The section you are going to construct next should measure 12.5" x 82.5". Have fun choosing different sizes of blocks to put together your unit.  After you add this section to the side of your quilt and it should measure 82.5 in.².




I have used up almost all of my orphan blocks, next month instructions will give you two choices, to continue adding orphan blocks or to add a border so you  can finish your quilt.

Enjoy your holiday season and if you have any questions at all, just email me. Below are pictures of some of the quilts I have made with my orphan blocks this past year.

Happy quilting, 
Rosemary

1 comment:

  1. I just love these scrappy quilts!! Just wish I had that many orphans.... They would just be fun to analyze, stroke, ...discovering something new every time! You have done such a wonderful job balancing the colors and designs. I especially love the 30s fabrics. I haven't done much with them, but love them. Maybe my next project....thanks for always sharing your ideas with us!

    ReplyDelete